16 Aug LAB-17 in the Meatpacking District in Copenhagen
LAB-17 in the Meatpacking District in Copenhagen
Over the past 15 months, we have collaborated with great partners on new visions and dreams for physical entrepreneurship and a new urban laboratory. It has turned into a strong collaboration with Stykka and Xbuild on “LAB-17”.
LAB-17 will be Copenhagen’s largest development laboratory for sustainable products for tomorrow’s green construction, housing and city.
LAB-17 will be an innovation hub for leading players and entrepreneurs within sustainable construction, housing and the city, based in the heart of Copenhagen. The LAB will be an open and collaborative development house and knowledge center for the preparation of new solutions and concepts for all Copenhageners and the rest of the world.
Here we will develop the solutions of the future and make Copenhagen a leading city for sustainable solutions for the city, housing and construction.
See the presentation at the bottom of this page.
From the past to the future – we want to be more for more
We are extremely proud of everything we have achieved together with good members and business partners during the past 7 years.
We have compiled a short list of some of the things we have achieved:
- +500 members (physical entrepreneurs, specialists and passionate people) through Viadukten
- 40% women and 60% men in the workshop
- +70 delegations from DK and internationally, approx. 4,500 people
- +40,000 participants for Copenhagen Maker Festivals
- +1,500 content creators for the Copenhagen Maker Festival from all over Copenhagen and Denmark
- 6 annual Maker Meet-Ups open to everyone about maker culture, physical entrepreneurship, creative power and technology
- Participation in e.g. Ungdommens Folkemøde, MakerFaire NV, Respond Festival, CLICK Festival, Culture Night, CPH Light Festival etc.
- Teaching courses with DAC, AOF Copenhagen, Copenhagen Municipality, Danish Design Center, BLOXHUB etc.
- 4 EU Horizon projects: CIRCuiT (circular construction), SISCODE (reuse of materials), OPEN!NEXT (open source hardware), DDP (distributed design and local production)
- Projects with AM Hub, The Royal Danish Academy, Manyone, XYZ Cargo, Stykka, Lyd by Dissing, The Washing Machine Project, Dansk Industri, IDA and many more.
- And with support from the Municipality of Copenhagen, Otto Mønsted Fonden, Otto Bruuns Fond, Fog Fonden, Tuborgfondet, Spar Nord, Realdania, Jubilæumsfonden and many others
We are looking forward to opening the doors to a new location – and to lifting physical entrepreneurship and sustainable product development to new heights.